Every business owner is bombarded with sales messages from other businesses that come in the mail, online or on the phone, but few people have time to research each one to determine if there’s real value being offered or if the offer might be some type of scam. At Yellow Pages United, we understand that the mail you receive from us and other services that appear to be like ours may leave you with questions, so here are the facts about how we do business, plus a few tips on what to look for if you suspect you’ve been targeted by a scammer.
What you need to know about Yellow Pages companies.
All across the web, on blogs, message boards and more, it’s not hard to find complaints about Yellow Pages companies. They run the gamut from warnings about Yellow Pages bills for orders that were never placed, to claims of signatures being forged. To separate the facts from the allegations, it’s important to understand the differences between the business practices of companies such as Yellow Pages United and some other publishers of online directories. Knowing more about these differences can help you make the right choices for your business.
What Yellow Pages United has never done:
- Invoiced a company for services without having received an order form from the business requesting the service.
- Placed telemarketing calls to gain new customers.
- Forged anyone’s signature on any documents.
What Yellow Pages United always does:
- Acquire new customers via solicitations sent to businesses through the US Postal Service.
- Maintains a fully staffed customer service center Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. ET.
- Offers easy-to-reach customer service via phone and online.
- Clearly states on the front and the back of our order form that the order is for the advertising of a company with Yellow Pages United’s online listing service and that there will be a specific charge for that service.
- Clearly states on the order form that our services automatically renew unless we receive a cancellation request from our customer.
- Provides national online listing services for our customers’ businesses on www.YellowPagesUnited.com, including a search-optimized web page through www.BizYellow.com that consistently ranks high among Internet search results.
- Maintains business practices that meet or exceed all state and federal guidelines and comply with all of the laws that apply to our business.
- Honors a 90-day satisfaction guarantee.
What to do if you’re unsure about an invoice you’ve received from a Yellow Pages company.
If you suspect that you’ve been targeted by an unscrupulous company that uses the Yellow Pages name, the first thing you should consider — as recommended by the Better Business Bureau — is contacting the company directly. Often, a quick phone call can clear up any confusion. Other steps you can take include verifying that the company has a toll-free number and a staff of customer service representatives who are available to take your call, since scammers rarely offer customer service or even ways to contact them. Also check to see if the company has a website and if customers can manage their account information online. In any case, don’t discard an invoice you’ve received because you assume it’s a scam or that you won’t be held liable for anything. Follow through to make sure you aren’t under any kind of obligation.
A guide to your Yellow Pages United invoice.
You will only receive an invoice from us if an order form was returned to Yellow Pages United. The invoices we send contain information about the order you placed with us for your online listing and search-optimized web page, including any changes to your listing that you requested, a copy of your signature, past activity on your account and more. The sample invoice below explains more:
If you have questions about mail you’ve received from Yellow Pages United, BizYellow or United Directories, we’re here to help.
Our customer service representatives will be glad to take your toll-free call at 1-866-355-6101 Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. ET. You can also send an email to email@example.com or visit our website at http://www.yellowpagesunited.com to take advantage of our convenient online account management tools.